Due to the evolution of the business website and search engines, traditional SEO simply isn’t enough today to secure organic visibility, rankings and traffic.
Back in the day it was relatively straightforward to secure decent organic rankings and deliver traffic to catalogue style websites.
The information featured on websites tended to be sales focused, limited to product or service features, usually coupled with strong promotional messages designed to push visitors into a purchase as quickly as possible.
Then it became apparent that search engines were starting to pay more attention to the volume of supporting copy on a website, and this was widely acknowledged as an organic ranking factor.
To combat this, businesses entered a new stage of online marketing, with copy creation largely an exercise in achieving a search engine ranking. Whilst this satisfied the search engines, it did little to support brand representation or customer loyalty. There was a general absence of strategies for visitor attraction, persuasion (beyond competitive pricing) or nurture.
Now, businesses and marketers are becoming increasingly switched onto content marketing and social media as a means of reaching and engaging their potential and existing customers.
This is because the quality, rather the mere presence of content has steadily risen in importance and we believe it is the critical factor in gaining traction with customers and search engines. Online consumers are increasingly educated, demanding and selective. Added to this, search engine algorithms are becoming quicker and more sophisticated in identifying and banishing poor quality and low value websites from their top rankings.
So now businesses must adopt a content marketing strategy that extends to their online activities. Fresh, regular updates of original content that supports a proposition and offers value (through an opinion, industry news, impartial information or advice) to its audience will achieve essential search engine visibility. A good content strategy also engenders brand loyalty early in the buying cycle, demonstrating industry authority and trustworthiness, rather than rushing to make a quick one-off sale at the end. However, effective content marketing demands dedicated, ongoing resource, which is why many businesses employ professionals to write their content (we’ve built a team of professional in-house journalists to meet the needs of our customers).
We created Content-driven SEO to meet the needs of businesses today, and it’s the only effective way to get widespread visibility in the search engines.
Content-driven SEO offers you more than other search marketing companies;
- Our in-house brand journalists research, write and publish on and off page content to increase your online visibility and authority. We don’t use freelance copywriters, just professionally trained journalists.
- Advanced on and off page optimisation techniques, site architecture reviews, keyword research and link building are combined with content marketing reviews as standard.
- Social media is totally integrated with SEO, we don’t sell it as a separate package, because we think social media and search marketing work together to reach beyond the search engines with Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Genuinely all inclusive SEO. Website transitions, redesigns and new site launches, we cover them all at no extra charge.
- For new start ups, mid-size businesses or multi-national enterprise, Content-driven SEO scales to meet your needs.
All of this is standard.
If you’d like to find out more you can: