We love data! Data drives action, as Kev famously once said.
Google AdWords is now rolling out Assisted Conversion data into its pay per click interface.
This critical information shows us how paid search campaigns contribute early in the buying cycle towards a final conversion.
Search Funnels and Assisted Conversions
Search Funnels and Assisted conversion reports have been under continual development as Google tries to provide greater insight into the full path users take whilst initially researching and then converting on any particular product or service.
The new reporting gives advertisers additional data columns to analyse, showing which specific campaigns contribute towards a sale or lead.
There are a full range of reports to analyse, these include:
- Assist clicks
- Assist impressions
- Click assisted conversions - Recommended
- Impression assisted conversions
- Click assisted conversions value
- Impression assisted conversions value
- Ratio of Assist clicks to Last clicks
- Ratio of Assist impressions to Last clicks
- Ratio of Click-assisted conversions to Last click conversions
- Ratio of Impression assisted conversions to Last click conversions
Perhaps the most useful is the Click Assisted Conversion report.
Campaign Assisted Value
This will give the most straightforward view of campaigns that are assisting, so that their contribution isn’t overlooked. Particularly problematic if visitors first visit your site on a non brand search and later convert on a branded search!
Understanding the value of specific keywords or campaigns is fundamentally important. By accounting for assisted conversions we can grow volumes and increase return on spend.